VCFSE

  • David Greelish
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 29, 2013
      Thank you for all of the support everyone, and 2014 will be a great year for VCFs!

      Gearing up now for the VCFSE - lots of stuff is about to happen, lots of fast!

      We now have a VCFSE Twitter account - https://twitter.com/VCFSE

      Best,

      David Greelish
      - Computer Historian, Writer, Podcaster & Speaker
      - Founder of the Atlanta Historical Computing Society

      Producer of the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 1.0 - 4/20 & 4/21, 2013

      http://about.me/davidgreelish

    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 29, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch wrote:

        > Well, if we want to do a workshop sometime this spring/summer AND ensure there is power, I'll be buying an army surplus MEP-003A generator upstate and lugging it down to WV for my parents. It puts out 13 kW, runs on diesel,.....

        This is out of my experience, but a bit of Web-reading tells me these can use a lot of diesel, and diesel is probably $4 a gallon by now in NJ. Someone who knows, will know the math on this for a few or several KW load per hour. Natural gas may be a better deal, for KW per dollar, these days.

        But it seems to me, such things ought to be discussed privately with Evan, as "infoage business". Myself, I'd be curious to find out your operating costs.

        Herb Johnson
      • Bob Schwier
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 30, 2013

          --- In mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch wrote:

          > Well, if we want to do a workshop sometime this spring/summer AND ensure there is power, I'll be buying an army surplus MEP-003A generator upstate and lugging it down to WV for my parents. It puts out 13 kW, runs on diesel,.....

          This is out of my experience, but a bit of Web-reading tells me these can use a lot of diesel, and diesel is probably $4 a gallon by now in NJ. Someone who knows, will know the math on this for a few or several KW load per hour. Natural gas may be a better deal, for KW per dollar, these days.

          But it seems to me, such things ought to be discussed privately with Evan, as "infoage business". Myself, I'd be curious to find out your operating costs.

          Herb Johnson

          I'll throw my two cents in.  The virtue of diesel is that it is possible to render alternatives to same which may be useful down
          the road.
          bs
        • Bob Schwier
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 30, 2013