Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IMSAI 8080

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 29, 2013
      > You can't be testing them prior to every start up of a
      > vintage computer. We all know it's a matter of "when" and not "if" they will
      > fail.

      No, you do not have to margin test all the time. You can do it only
      once if you want to, or you can do it once a year, or every week. it
      is up toi you. When powering up an old piece of equipment that has
      been off for an extended period of time, the first time will be
      statistically far more effective than later times.

      --
      Will
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan