Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IMSAI 8080

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 29, 2013
      On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, William Donzelli wrote:

      >> I don't like the part about going 10% over the cap's rated voltage, not
      >> for vintage stuff. Perhaps it's ok for rough testing new circuits/caps.
      >
      > Margin testing, as this is called, is the best thing you can do to
      > suspect capacitors like electrolytics.

      Marginal testing is one of the reasons the SAGE computers had a better
      than 99% uptime.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan