Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IMSAI 8080

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 29, 2013
      > I don't like the part about going 10% over the cap's rated voltage, not
      > for vintage stuff. Perhaps it's ok for rough testing new circuits/caps.

      Margin testing, as this is called, is the best thing you can do to
      suspect capacitors like electrolytics.

      All caps fail. Would you rather caps fail under controlled conditions,
      so other parts of the circuit are unharmed? Or would you rather have
      them fail in circuit while you are upstairs, heating up some pizza?

      --
      Will
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan