IMSAI 8080

  • DanielB
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 29, 2013
      I just managed to get my hands on an IMSAI 8080 that probably hasn't been power up in decades. I am very interested in getting this thing up and running again. I have a pretty good background in electronics and electronic repair, but I am looking for any advice on power up something like this for the first time. Any recommendations on what I should check before attempting a power up? Any advice would be much appreciated.
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14 1:24 PM
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan