Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone have a PDF of the Pennywhistle 103 manual

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 28, 2013
      Corey, I donated a Pennywhistle 103 modem and the manual with schematics to the
      March museum during the June workshop.
      I gave them to Evan maybe he can point you to where it is now.

      Billdrom

      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 28, 2013
        >> I donated a Pennywhistle 103 modem and the manual with schematics to the March museum during the June workshop. I gave them to Evan maybe he can point you to where it is now.

        I haven't been in that room in the past few weeks, but the modem (now signed by Lee!) is on a shelf there, and I think the documents are with it.
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 28, 2013

          > >> I donated a Pennywhistle 103 modem and the manual with schematics to the March museum during the June workshop. I gave them to Evan maybe he can point you to where it is now.
          >
          > I haven't been in that room in the past few weeks, but the modem (now signed by Lee!) is on a shelf there, and I think the documents are with it.

          Is it possible to scan the documents for me?
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 28, 2013
            >> Is it possible to scan the documents for me?

            Maybe, but not for another week or two.
          • corey986
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 28, 2013
              So I'm not the only one looking for the manual and schematics. Cool. I couldn't find the docs and schematics anywhere using my trusty google. Rich Cini had the popular electronics article on his website which is a good read.

              That would be awesome if Evan can scan them to PDF.

              Cheers,
              Corey

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 28, 2013
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, corey986 wrote:

                > So I'm not the only one looking for the manual and schematics. Cool. I couldn't find the docs and schematics anywhere using my trusty google. Rich Cini had the popular electronics article on his website which is a good read.

                Yes, I helped Rich by scanning a bunch of PE articles. I probably scanned that article you are reading. I have a good collection of PE and RE magazines but there's the rare article as you found that is incomplete.

                If there are any other articles you want from PE or RE, I'd be happy to scan them. There's lots of cool projects and columns in these magazines, but I limited my scans to Retro Computing to match Rich's web site.
              • Stephen L
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 29, 2013
                  > All I have is the Popular Electronics magazine. I'm looking for the
                  full manual with the final schematics.

                  Hi Corey,

                  I still have my original manual and will scan that and have it in the
                  library section of my website today.

                  Will repost here when it's up.

                  Steve L.
                • Stephen L
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 29, 2013
                     Okay, Corey; the Pennywhistle 103 modem manual has been posted on my website. Note that an errata sheet is included as the next-to-last page. I have also left in some penciled corrections which I made back around 1979, when I originally built the kit.

                    You can find the download here:
                    http://tronola.com/html/library.html

                    Best wishes with your project.

                    Steve L.

                  • corey986
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 30, 2013
                      Awesome!!!!!

                      Thanks,
                      Corey

                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen L" wrote:

                      > > All I have is the Popular Electronics magazine. I'm looking for the
                      > full manual with the final schematics.
                      >
                      > Hi Corey,
                      >
                      > I still have my original manual and will scan that and have it in the
                      > library section of my website today.
                      >
                      > Will repost here when it's up.
                      >
                      > Steve L.

                    • corey986