OT: Magic CPU

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
      At the price being asked, I believe this must be a Magic CPU.

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INTEL-CPU-RARE-/190404561375?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2c54ff09df

      The story goes, you bury this in the ground and it will grow a large equipment rack that reaches up into the clouds. There you'll find the goose that lays the Apple-I's.
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
        On Jan 26, 2013, at 10:16 AM, joshbensadon wrote:

        > At the price being asked, I believe this must be a Magic CPU.
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INTEL-CPU-RARE-/190404561375?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2c54ff09df
        >
        > The story goes, you bury this in the ground and it will grow a large
        > equipment rack that reaches up into the clouds. There you'll find
        > the goose that lays the Apple-I's.

        One wonders why the price was not rounded up to a cool $million. Oh,
        and the chip is for "collection" only. That must mean it doesn't work.

        Bizarre.