Re: [midatlanticretro] Woz trashes Jobs movie clip

  • Bob Schwier
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013

      mailto:evan%40snarc.net writes:

      >http://m.gizmodo.com/5978777/woz-says-kutchers-steve-jobs-movie-scene-is-totally-wrong?tag=apple

      When has Hollywood ever concerned itself with comportment and deportment?
      Hollywood's only concern is money through embellishment for entertainment.
      The truth _IS_ out there but _there_ is most definitely not in Hollywood!
      I'm certain that after you've viewed this demi-biographical cinemagraphic
      that there will be ample anachronisms for discussion here concerning its
      "historical" veracity. ;)

    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
        At the price being asked, I believe this must be a Magic CPU.

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INTEL-CPU-RARE-/190404561375?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2c54ff09df

        The story goes, you bury this in the ground and it will grow a large equipment rack that reaches up into the clouds. There you'll find the goose that lays the Apple-I's.
      • Ray Sills
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 26, 2013
          On Jan 26, 2013, at 10:16 AM, joshbensadon wrote:

          > At the price being asked, I believe this must be a Magic CPU.
          >
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/C4040-ES-INTEL-CPU-RARE-/190404561375?pt=US_Vintage_Computers_Mainframes&hash=item2c54ff09df
          >
          > The story goes, you bury this in the ground and it will grow a large
          > equipment rack that reaches up into the clouds. There you'll find
          > the goose that lays the Apple-I's.

          One wonders why the price was not rounded up to a cool $million. Oh,
          and the chip is for "collection" only. That must mean it doesn't work.

          Bizarre.