Re: I am definitely going to have to start a SOL restoration blog...

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
      Is it in a personality module PCB or is it just an eprom?
      Thanks,
      Corey

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch wrote:

      > On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:35:57 -0000
      > > Someone on the Altair forum is planning an mm5204 programmer so I may have to buy one if I can't get a 2708 personality module and I'm not paying $100 to that guy on ebay, it's overpriced and the card is missing a chunk (I guess someone's dog got hungry)
      >
      > Do you need a SOLOS mask ROM? I've got one that works. I don't own a SOL-20 so it's unlikely to ever do me good.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Jonathan

    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
        > Is it in a personality module PCB or is it just an eprom?

        Just the ROM. It's a mask ROM, not a PROM/EPROM.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan
      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
          Corey..
          I have a blog and I haven't had time to update it.
          if you want I can add you as a writer and you can add articles about the SOL restoration.

        • corey986
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
            Thanks, but I have a website also. I never set the blog stuff up. Maybe this will force me to update it more often.

            Thanks anyway,
            Cheers,
            Corey