Clip -- Steve Jobs movie

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
      Here's a short clip from the upcoming Jobs movie:

      http://cnet.co/14aqMrv

      Our friend Dan Kottke advised the producers, so there should be some
      historical accuracy.

      It's weird hearing the Jobs character say, "No more DECs" .... looks to me
      liked nobody told him that "decks" isn't a thing, but rather a brand
      abbreviation.

      Anyway. I didn't bother seeing "The Social Network" because it was said to
      be way off-base. Don't know if I can tear myself away from this one. I'm
      sure I will tick off other people in the audience when I start shouting
      corrections at the screen. :)
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz" wrote:

        > Here's a short clip from the upcoming Jobs movie:
        >
        > http://cnet.co/14aqMrv
        >
        > It's weird hearing the Jobs character say, "No more DECs" .... looks to me
        > liked nobody told him that "decks" isn't a thing, but rather a brand
        > abbreviation.

        I don't think it's weird, in fact, it sounds correct. It might not be proper English, but I think it was common speech then and now.

        I recently read somewhere, "The PC's are a thing of the past...". Of course they aren't talking about specific models, but the general desktop computer. Laptops and Notebooks are technically PC's right? But no one calls them that, they call them laptops and notebooks.

        > sure I will tick off other people in the audience when I start shouting
        > corrections at the screen. :)

        I'll be looking the other way, pretending I don't know you.

        PS. Did you notice in the clip, they are in the garage at Hewlett Packard?
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013

          On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 4:45 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          Here's a short clip from the upcoming Jobs movie:

          http://cnet.co/14aqMrv

          Our friend Dan Kottke advised the producers, so there should be some
          historical accuracy.

          very few people give any thought how their relationship is a classic manifestation of the duality expressed by yin-yang.
          Though I have a feeling this will be a movie more about Jobs rather than Apple (ie. Woz et al)
          But, since when did Woz sport a perm ?