FS: Bell and Howell Micromodule 85

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
      Since I've acquired an Intel SDK-85, I'm selling my Bell and Howell Micromodule 85. I'd been using it to test 8085 code snippets for my projects, and for 8080/8085 development on the road. It is fully functional and comes with the original documentation (from the previous owner, who used it while taking courses at DeVry), a breakout cable to use the I/O ports with a breadboard, and a power cable I made to supply +5V from my bench supply (18 GA wire, banana plugs on one end, and ring terminals on the other). I'm asking $100 without a power supply (what I paid), or $125 with your choice of 1A small wall-wart switcher or 3.3A Mean Well DIN rail supply.

      Scans of the manuals and pictures of the actual unit being sold can be seen here:

      http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/manuals/micromodule85/

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
        On 01/24/2013 01:36 PM, Systems Glitch wrote:
        > Since I've acquired an Intel SDK-85, I'm selling my Bell and Howell
        > Micromodule 85. I'd been using it to test 8085 code snippets for my
        > projects, and for 8080/8085 development on the road. It is fully
        > functional and comes with the original documentation (from the
        > previous owner, who used it while taking courses at DeVry), a
        > breakout cable to use the I/O ports with a breadboard, and a power
        > cable I made to supply +5V from my bench supply (18 GA wire, banana
        > plugs on one end, and ring terminals on the other). I'm asking $100
        > without a power supply (what I paid), or $125 with your choice of 1A
        > small wall-wart switcher or 3.3A Mean Well DIN rail supply.
        >
        > Scans of the manuals and pictures of the actual unit being sold can
        > be seen here:
        >
        > http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/manuals/micromodule85/

        What an awesome little board! That needs to be cloned! Even though
        8185s are pretty much unobtainium (but I have a few ;)), it'd be great
        to make more of these.

        (I wish I could afford to buy it from you, but I'm a bit thin this month)

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch wrote:

          > Since I've acquired an Intel SDK-85, I'm selling my Bell and Howell Micromodule 85. I'd been using it to test 8085 code snippets for my projects, and for 8080/8085 development on the road. It is fully functional and comes with the original documentation (from the previous owner, who used it while taking courses at DeVry), a breakout cable to use the I/O ports with a breadboard, and a power cable I made to supply +5V from my bench supply (18 GA wire, banana plugs on one end, and ring terminals on the other). I'm asking $100 without a power supply (what I paid), or $125 with your choice of 1A small wall-wart switcher or 3.3A Mean Well DIN rail supply.
          >
          > Scans of the manuals and pictures of the actual unit being sold can be seen here:
          >
          > http://filedump.glitchwrks.com/manuals/micromodule85/
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Jonathan

          Hi Jonathan,

          I'll take it, if you don't mind shipping it to Canada?
          Without PS, it will be cheaper to ship.

          Cheers,
          Josh