Re: [midatlanticretro] I am definitely going to have to start a SOL restoration blog...

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
      On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:35:57 -0000
      > Someone on the Altair forum is planning an mm5204 programmer so I may have to buy one if I can't get a 2708 personality module and I'm not paying $100 to that guy on ebay, it's overpriced and the card is missing a chunk (I guess someone's dog got hungry)

      Do you need a SOLOS mask ROM? I've got one that works. I don't own a SOL-20 so it's unlikely to ever do me good.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
        Is it in a personality module PCB or is it just an eprom?
        Thanks,
        Corey

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch wrote:

        > On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:35:57 -0000
        > > Someone on the Altair forum is planning an mm5204 programmer so I may have to buy one if I can't get a 2708 personality module and I'm not paying $100 to that guy on ebay, it's overpriced and the card is missing a chunk (I guess someone's dog got hungry)
        >
        > Do you need a SOLOS mask ROM? I've got one that works. I don't own a SOL-20 so it's unlikely to ever do me good.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Jonathan

      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
          > Is it in a personality module PCB or is it just an eprom?

          Just the ROM. It's a mask ROM, not a PROM/EPROM.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
            Corey..
            I have a blog and I haven't had time to update it.
            if you want I can add you as a writer and you can add articles about the SOL restoration.

          • corey986
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
              Thanks, but I have a website also. I never set the blog stuff up. Maybe this will force me to update it more often.

              Thanks anyway,
              Cheers,
              Corey