Re: I am definitely going to have to start a SOL restoration blog...

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
      Wow I still can't get over how clean that system is from your pics. How did you clean the board and actually the whole system what well?

      Thanks,
      Corey

      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/processor_tech/sol-20/

      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
        Thanks. I clean everything before I work on it. This SOL was in nice shape
        when I got it

        Wow I still can't get over how clean that system is from your pics. How did
        you clean the board and actually the whole system what well?

        Thanks,
        Corey

        http://www.vintagecomputer.net/processor_tech/sol-20/

      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
          On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:35:57 -0000
          > Someone on the Altair forum is planning an mm5204 programmer so I may have to buy one if I can't get a 2708 personality module and I'm not paying $100 to that guy on ebay, it's overpriced and the card is missing a chunk (I guess someone's dog got hungry)

          Do you need a SOLOS mask ROM? I've got one that works. I don't own a SOL-20 so it's unlikely to ever do me good.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • corey986
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
            Is it in a personality module PCB or is it just an eprom?
            Thanks,
            Corey

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Systems Glitch wrote:

            > On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 22:35:57 -0000
            > > Someone on the Altair forum is planning an mm5204 programmer so I may have to buy one if I can't get a 2708 personality module and I'm not paying $100 to that guy on ebay, it's overpriced and the card is missing a chunk (I guess someone's dog got hungry)
            >
            > Do you need a SOLOS mask ROM? I've got one that works. I don't own a SOL-20 so it's unlikely to ever do me good.
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Jonathan

          • Systems Glitch
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 24, 2013
              > Is it in a personality module PCB or is it just an eprom?

              Just the ROM. It's a mask ROM, not a PROM/EPROM.

              Thanks,
              Jonathan
            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
                Corey..
                I have a blog and I haven't had time to update it.
                if you want I can add you as a writer and you can add articles about the SOL restoration.

              • corey986
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 25, 2013
                  Thanks, but I have a website also. I never set the blog stuff up. Maybe this will force me to update it more often.

                  Thanks anyway,
                  Cheers,
                  Corey