Re: [midatlanticretro] Ebay - anyone interested in this I can pick up

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
      One disk?

      Am I missing something or is this a joke?
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
        On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
        > Take a look at this Ebay lot
        >
        > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
        >
        > I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.

        I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.

        Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
        (another) chuckle out of that.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
          On 1/23/2013 12:15 PM, evan@... wrote:
          > One disk?
          >
          > Am I missing something or is this a joke?

          Evan Evan Evan..,,

          I won't start to answer what you are missing as I don't think the
          email size protocol can handle it..

          I also know that ebay listing is no joke. It is extremely serious
          stuff.

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          ;-)
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
            Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

            >On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote: > Take a look at this Ebay lot
            >> > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892 > > I don't have a Kenbak, but
            >at least I can get this.
            >
            > I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
            >
            > Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
            >(another) chuckle out of that.

            It is real place, however.

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                On 01/23/2013 12:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                >> On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote: > Take a look at this Ebay lot
                >> at least I can get this.
                >>
                >> I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                >>
                >> Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                >> (another) chuckle out of that.
                >
                > It is real place, however.

                Yes.

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                New Kensington, PA
              • joshbensadon
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire wrote:

                  > On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                  > > Take a look at this Ebay lot
                  > >
                  > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
                  > >
                  > > I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.
                  >
                  > I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                  >
                  > Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                  > (another) chuckle out of that.
                  >
                  > -Dave

                  Yes, a Floppy disk is much better than a Kenbak. I traded all my Kenbak's for floppy disks years ago, best deal I ever made!

                  LoL at the name of the town. I bet the guy selling this floppy has a magnetic personality too.

                  Thanks for the chuckle of the day Bill!

                  :) J
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                    > On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                    > > Take a look at this Ebay lot
                    > >
                    > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
                    > >
                    > > I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.
                    >
                    > I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                    >
                    > Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                    > (another) chuckle out of that.
                    >
                    > -Dave

                    I greatly appreciate it, but Brian S has a drawer full of these disks!
                    Rich city boys and their drawers full of diskettes. I am going to ride my
                    helicopter to his house on my way to xylophone practice later today.

                    bd
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                      > On 01/23/2013 12:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                      > >> On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote: > Take a look at this Ebay
                      lot
                      > >> at least I can get this.
                      > >>
                      > >> I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                      > >>
                      > >> Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                      > >> (another) chuckle out of that.
                      > >
                      > > It is real place, however.
                      >
                      > Yes.

                      I feel like I just created a whole lot of head pain. I was just kidding
                      around. A disk a disk my kingdom for a disk
                    • Dan Roganti
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                        On 1/23/2013 1:27 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                        > I feel like I just created a whole lot of head pain. I was just
                        > kidding around. A disk a disk my kingdom for a disk

                        I don't give a flux about your disk ;)
                      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                          "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

                          >I greatly appreciate it, but Brian S has a drawer full of these disks!
                          >Rich city boys and their drawers full of diskettes. I am going to ride
                          >my helicopter to his house on my way to xylophone practice later today.

                          No rich city boy here... I never had any use for these floopy things which
                          is by have many.