RE: [midatlanticretro] Ebay - anyone interested in this I can pick up

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
      "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

      >Take a look at this Ebay lot
      >
      >http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
      >
      >I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.
      >
      >Bill

      I have a drawer full of such floppy disks. I can bring some to InfoAge
      if needed.

    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
        One disk?

        Am I missing something or is this a joke?
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
          On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
          > Take a look at this Ebay lot
          >
          > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
          >
          > I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.

          I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.

          Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
          (another) chuckle out of that.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          New Kensington, PA
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
            On 1/23/2013 12:15 PM, evan@... wrote:
            > One disk?
            >
            > Am I missing something or is this a joke?

            Evan Evan Evan..,,

            I won't start to answer what you are missing as I don't think the
            email size protocol can handle it..

            I also know that ebay listing is no joke. It is extremely serious
            stuff.

            Cheers,

            Bryan

            ;-)
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
              Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

              >On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote: > Take a look at this Ebay lot
              >> > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892 > > I don't have a Kenbak, but
              >at least I can get this.
              >
              > I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
              >
              > Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
              >(another) chuckle out of that.

              It is real place, however.

              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                > >I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.
                > >
                > >Bill
                >
                > I have a drawer full of such floppy disks. I can bring some to InfoAge
                > if needed.

                You can give them to Evan. He'll catch up with me.

                bd
                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                  On 01/23/2013 12:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                  >> On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote: > Take a look at this Ebay lot
                  >> at least I can get this.
                  >>
                  >> I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                  >>
                  >> Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                  >> (another) chuckle out of that.
                  >
                  > It is real place, however.

                  Yes.

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
                  New Kensington, PA
                • joshbensadon
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire wrote:

                    > On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                    > > Take a look at this Ebay lot
                    > >
                    > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
                    > >
                    > > I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.
                    >
                    > I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                    >
                    > Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                    > (another) chuckle out of that.
                    >
                    > -Dave

                    Yes, a Floppy disk is much better than a Kenbak. I traded all my Kenbak's for floppy disks years ago, best deal I ever made!

                    LoL at the name of the town. I bet the guy selling this floppy has a magnetic personality too.

                    Thanks for the chuckle of the day Bill!

                    :) J
                    Message 9 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                      > On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                      > > Take a look at this Ebay lot
                      > >
                      > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/181067769892
                      > >
                      > > I don't have a Kenbak, but at least I can get this.
                      >
                      > I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                      >
                      > Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                      > (another) chuckle out of that.
                      >
                      > -Dave

                      I greatly appreciate it, but Brian S has a drawer full of these disks!
                      Rich city boys and their drawers full of diskettes. I am going to ride my
                      helicopter to his house on my way to xylophone practice later today.

                      bd
                      Message 10 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                        > On 01/23/2013 12:43 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
                        > >> On 01/23/2013 12:06 PM, B. Degnan wrote: > Take a look at this Ebay
                        lot
                        > >> at least I can get this.
                        > >>
                        > >> I can pick this up for you, but I'll need to rent a truck.
                        > >>
                        > >> Did you notice the name of the town where the seller is? I got
                        > >> (another) chuckle out of that.
                        > >
                        > > It is real place, however.
                        >
                        > Yes.

                        I feel like I just created a whole lot of head pain. I was just kidding
                        around. A disk a disk my kingdom for a disk
                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                          On 1/23/2013 1:27 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                          > I feel like I just created a whole lot of head pain. I was just
                          > kidding around. A disk a disk my kingdom for a disk

                          I don't give a flux about your disk ;)
                        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                          Message 12 of 13 , Jan 23, 2013
                            "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

                            >I greatly appreciate it, but Brian S has a drawer full of these disks!
                            >Rich city boys and their drawers full of diskettes. I am going to ride
                            >my helicopter to his house on my way to xylophone practice later today.

                            No rich city boy here... I never had any use for these floopy things which
                            is by have many.