HP 3000 videos

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
      This really takes me back to 1986-88 when I worked on these systems:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45hQS877UfY
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_eyOG7QQA

      This is a 3000 Series 42, with a 7980 9-track tape drive (HP-IB) and
      two 7959B (304MB) HP-IB hard discs. The peripherals are not quite period
      appropriate for the CPU - it would typically be used with a 7970 tape
      drive and 7925 or 7935 discs. I used to take the 1MB memory boards,
      resolder some jumpers, remove the 16Kb RAM chips and repopulate with 64Kb
      chips to turn them into 4MB boards.

      The HP3000 systems were designed with ease of maintenance in mind. I
      wouldn't mind finding a Series 42, one of these days.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • urrossum@att.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
        > This really takes me back to 1986-88 when I worked on these systems:
        >
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45hQS877UfY
        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq_eyOG7QQA

        Clicking on the various YouTube links brought up this disturbing video:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laZGMa4O2X4
        ~~
        Mark Moulding
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2013
          > Clicking on the various YouTube links brought up this disturbing video:
          >
          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laZGMa4O2X4

          That is one of the late PA-RISC ones. They did not use a big enough cannon.

          --
          Will