RE: [midatlanticretro] Looking for any information on the Sol Graphic-Add option

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
      I checked Byte mags from 1977-1980. No ads for this product in Processor
      Technologies' ad pages. May be a 3rd party deal, back then you could put
      another company's name on a product to imply what it was for, without
      getting sued. I feel like I have seen an adv. for this product once, but I
      saw nothing in my search. I would check for later SOL ads in other mags
      than Byte. This would not have been an early SOL product, and may be as new
      as 1981.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
        No documentation, but from the second link, which says it gives 64 x 128 resolution graphics, I surmise it switches the normal CG for a CG that divides the character into 8 blocks (4 x 2), allowing the character to represent all 256 combinations. A photo of the board, and a dump of the ROM would go a long way to figuring out exactly what it's doing and how to program it. If you can, post those here and let's have a look.

        Dave