Re: NCR chips?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 11, 2013
      My guess is that they are custom chips or at best, in house designs that were later productized. You might find them or something very similar in this 1977 NCR data book.

      http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/national/_dataBooks/1977_MOS_LSI_databook.pdf

      based on what I can find in the book, 6 is probably the package type indicator

      Regards,
      MIke Willegal

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" wrote:

      > > 1) I have a NCR panel with fluorescent displays
      > > http://ferretronix.com/tech/vfd/
      > > the NCR chips:
      > > NCR 6-51146
      > > NCR 6-51055
      > > NCR 6-51056
      > > NCR 6-51057
      > >
      > > 2) 34c227 is a 48 pin DIP. Some sort of microcontroller.
      > > Of course, Google only finds the parts-pimps,
      > > no real specs.

      > > start
      > > >
      > > > NCR is National Cash Register. The purple chips look very mid-1970s
      > > > Motorola. They probably made them for NCR.
      > > >

      > > Whoa I totally missed that one. I will check the Motorola books. Duh
      > me.
      > >
      > > Bill
      > >

      > Replying to myself. I could not find anything in the Motorola books, but I
      > am guessing now that these are equivalent part numbers, not original
      > Motorola part numbers. Sorry I can't help.
      > bd

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 21, 2013
        sorry about all these posts and yes, I realized after trying to post a bunch of times, that NCR is not the same as National Semiconductor - I wish the posts had gone into internet oblivion

        Regards,
        Mike W.

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" wrote:

        > My guess is that they are custom chips or at best, in house designs that were later productized. You might find them or something very similar in this 1977 NCR data book.
        >
        > http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/national/_dataBooks/1977_MOS_LSI_databook.pdf
        >
        > based on what I can find in the book, 6 is probably the package type indicator
        >
        > Regards,
        > MIke Willegal
        >

        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" wrote:
        > >
        > > > 1) I have a NCR panel with fluorescent displays
        > > > http://ferretronix.com/tech/vfd/
        > > > the NCR chips:
        > > > NCR 6-51146
        > > > NCR 6-51055
        > > > NCR 6-51056
        > > > NCR 6-51057
        > > >
        > > > 2) 34c227 is a 48 pin DIP. Some sort of microcontroller.
        > > > Of course, Google only finds the parts-pimps,
        > > > no real specs.

        > > > start

        > > > Whoa I totally missed that one. I will check the Motorola books. Duh
        > > me.
        > > >
        > > > Bill
        > > >

        > > Replying to myself. I could not find anything in the Motorola books, but I
        > > am guessing now that these are equivalent part numbers, not original
        > > Motorola part numbers. Sorry I can't help.
        > > bd

      • Jeff Jonas
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 3, 2013
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" wrote:
          > ... I realized after trying to post a bunch of times, that NCR is not the same as National Semiconductor - I wish the posts had gone into internet oblivion

          No regrets! I have some lovely vintage Natinoal Semi chips that were in that catalogue with full spec sheets, not the abbreviated ones usually found on the Internet spam/// search sites for "datasheet".