Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum update

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
      From: evan@...
      Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2013 9:04 PM
      To: MARCH Yahoo Midatlanticretro
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Museum update

      >Another day of hard, productive, and fun work in the warehouse! Jeff B. and
      >I arrived at 11, worked until 2, took an hour for lunch, and worked again
      >until almost 7. We built four or five shelving units, organized large
      >bunches >of things, and cleared ever more floor space.

      It might not seem like a lot to build four or five shelving units, but there
      was a lot of consolidating, organizing, and searching involved as well. Also
      placing items on existing shelves in the correct location. All this with
      minimal lightening in some areas as it got dark. It feels good to see the
      warehouse get more and more organized. Also It it getting much easier to
      find things. :)
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 15, 2013
        Jeff J. and I spent about five hours working in the warehouse today. We sorted books to keep vs. sell. We got through about 1/3rd of the books. We also retrieved an ADM3-A that Neil C. donated, and we in turn donated some electronics books to IXR.

        Jeff B. will be on-site this Sunday.

        _____
        Sent from a phone...
        Message 3 of 14 , May 17 4:26 PM
          I went to the museum today because there were three InfoAge events happening and so we'd have lots of visitors. We were not disappointed! Visitors galore today, many of whom had good technical backgrounds, including a couple of potential new MARCHins and one person who sorta-kinda knew Jeff J. from their mutual time at Concurrent.

          Jeff J. himself was there today and Herb also stopped by. Herb took home one of our Zenith Z-100 systems for restoration.

          I checked out our storage area. The new roof is halfway done.
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 14 , May 18 10:50 AM
            Evan it seems that in general there are more visitors on Saturday than Sunday. All the other museum guys say about how many people come on Saturdays. What do you think about giving tours in Saturdays instead of Sundays? I can't do Saturdays, but maybe Corey, you and Mouse can? The last several times it has been very quiet when I was here giving tours on Sundays.