Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Anyone have a copy of CPM for a Jade Double-D disk controller

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
      On 01/19/2013 09:27 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
      > Perfect, the DDBIOS.ASM file looks like the right stuff. Just
      > assemble it where the BIOS jump table is suppose to be (according the
      > the memory size of CP/M), then cut and paste it over the BIOS section
      > of CP/M.

      Be careful here. You will most likely need to use MOVCPM to change
      the jump addresses in the BDOS to adjust for a (likely) different TPA
      size. Moving CP/M to a different machine isn't quite THAT simple.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > On 01/19/2013 09:27 AM, joshbensadon wrote:
        > > Perfect, the DDBIOS.ASM file looks like the right stuff. Just
        > > assemble it where the BIOS jump table is suppose to be (according the
        > > the memory size of CP/M), then cut and paste it over the BIOS section
        > > of CP/M.
        >
        > Be careful here. You will most likely need to use MOVCPM to change
        > the jump addresses in the BDOS to adjust for a (likely) different TPA
        > size. Moving CP/M to a different machine isn't quite THAT simple.
        >
        > -Dave
        >
        > --
        > Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        > New Kensington, PA

      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 19, 2013
          Please ignore previous message, I got trigger happy with the <Enter> Key.

          Hi All,

          I've got an Intertek Super Brain computer on my bench at the moment and my worse nightmare has just begun. The 2716 Eprom Chip is blank! All FF's. I tested my Eprom programmer to verify reading another 2716 chip, it's not my programmer.

          Does anyone have one of these computers where they can send me a binary image of the Eprom? Please.

          Cheers,
          Josh <--- crossing my fingers
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 20, 2013
            >Hi All,
            >I've got an Intertek Super Brain computer on my bench at the moment and my
            >worse nightmare has just begun. The 2716 Eprom Chip is blank! All FF's. I
            >tested my Eprom programmer to verify reading another 2716 chip, it's >not
            >my programmer.

            >Does anyone have one of these computers where they can send me a binary
            >image of the Eprom? Please.

            >Cheers,
            >Josh <--- crossing my fingers

            Josh,

            You may want to try contacting Brian Cirulnick. He has two SuperBrains.

            Jeff B
          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 21, 2013
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Brace" wrote:

              > >worse nightmare has just begun. The 2716 Eprom Chip is blank! All > >Does anyone have one of these computers where they can send me a binary
              > >image of the Eprom? Please.
              >
              > Josh,
              >
              > You may want to try contacting Brian Cirulnick. He has two SuperBrains.
              >
              > Jeff B

              Excellent! Thanks Jeff! Now, how can I get in touch with Brian?
              Please feel free to send him my email joshbensadon@...

              Thanks!
              Josh
            • joshbensadon
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 23, 2013
                I need to get an image of the Boot ROM for the Super Brain.

                Jeff recommended Brian Cirulnick, but I can't reach him.
                I can only find 1 email address on his website (Techrat@...) but it is not working.

                Anyone know how to reach Brian?

                Thanks,
                Josh