Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: SCELBI PCBs on order

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 13, 2013
      > the 8008 is most expensive, but not really that hard to find - I think the prices people are getting on ebay are way to high as Intel made them into the 80's.

      Agreed. When I went looking for 8008s, I found that you can pick them up for less than $20 apiece, especially if you're willing to take the AS-IS gamble. I picked up three for testing and found all three to be functional. Two were "desirable" gold-top purple ceramic packages from Intel, went for $16 for the pair.

      I'll see if I still have the link, but someone sent me one to a surplus electronics place that was selling "remarked" 8008s (in-house numbered) guaranteed to be working 8008s for a good price.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan