Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF-E 9.0 exhibit options

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 12, 2013
      On 01/12/2013 12:42 PM, David Gesswein wrote:
      >> I'm soliciting opinions from the group about my choice of exhibit for
      >> this year's VCF-E.
      >>
      > I've been thinking some about that also. Since Dave McGuire is likely
      > bringing the big stuff I would do something different this year.

      Hey, don't let me stop you, it's not a competition...the more big
      iron, the merrier!

      > The other options would be card reader with a PDP-8 showing batch programming.
      > DEC had mark sense cards where you could do your basic programs with a #2
      > pencil on punch cards then run them on THE computer. It could also do
      > normal punched cards.

      Now THIS is a great idea!

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • s100doctor
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 13, 2013
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein wrote:

        > The last which is risky for completing is an 8/L with third party LINCtape.
        > Since I haven't done anything with it yet other than collect some needed
        > repair parts who knows how long it will take.

        I would not mind seeing the LINCtape, since I have a LINC tape drive without cards. Anything "LINC" is scarce. The 8/L and LINCtape is not on your site apparently, so I don't know if it could be carried with your intended exhibit.

        Herb Johnson