Mindset Computer Corp Collection for sale

  • Curt @ Atari Museum
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      Hi,

        Not sure if Evan posted to the list or not, so just posting:

          Been having some health issues as of late and bills are pouring in faster than money is coming in so I have to make a tough decision and sell my Mindset Computer Corporation Collection.

         I am only selling as a whole as I don't want this collection broken up.  I'm gauging interest, please email at: curt(at)atarimuseum(dot)com

      Many have seen quite a lot of my collection as it was on display at a recent VCF East show and one an award.

      I have over a 1/2 dozen CPU units, expansion modules, plug in peripheral modules, keyboards, joysticks, mice, tons of software, applications, and games, many are in original boxes and are original disks, I have a huge developers manual, marketing materials, units in boxes, a keyboard in a box, peripheral accessories in boxes (many in never opened/sealed boxes), I have one of the only Mindset software carrying case bags, and much more.   Need to put together a more detailed inventory, but it is extensive.

      Mindset was created by the former head of Atari's Home Computer Division who left Atari in 1982 and decided to do a modular, expandable PC-compatible computer system with high end graphics capabilities that Atari wasn't willing to pursue itself.   So he left with a bunch of former Atari marketing and engineers to create the Mindset M1001.

      Here are some photo's of a good bit of the collection (monitors are not included):

      http://vintagecomput...hib_Vendel2.jpg
      http://vintagecomput...hib_Vendel1.jpg
      http://vintagecomput...hib_Vendel4.jpg
      http://vintagecomput...hib_Vendel3.jpg