Re: [midatlanticretro] Local computer history tidbit I came across...

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
      >> ... while working on my RCA Cosmac VIP.
      Maybe its old news to folks here but I'll chance it: http://www.swapmeetdave.com/PhilaMusic/Recording.htm We have the same board in the museum... perhaps this could be some display feature collateral for the wall nearby?

      That's a good idea. I have the music CD and it's entertaining.

      Fyi, Dave Ahl has been a very good friend to MARCH over the years.
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013

        > >> ... while working on my RCA Cosmac VIP.
        > Maybe its old news to folks here but I'll chance it: http://www.swapmeetdave.com/PhilaMusic/Recording.htm We have the same board in the museum... perhaps this could be some display feature collateral for the wall nearby?
        >
        > That's a good idea. I have the music CD and it's entertaining.
        >
        > Fyi, Dave Ahl has been a very good friend to MARCH over the years.

        The LP record from 1978 is for sale right now on ebay.

        It would require an old record player, but this is the right place for that!
      • DougCrawford
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 8, 2013
          It gets better.

          The website this is on is the personal website of David Ahl
          founder of Creative Computer Magazine.
          Go to the home page and look up his bio.

          Here's a 1984 article about himL

          http://www.atarimagazines.com/creative/v10n11/66_Dave_tells_Ahl__the_hist.php

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DougCrawford" wrote:

          > ... while working on my RCA Cosmac VIP.
          > Maybe its old news to folks here but I'll chance it:
          >
          > http://www.swapmeetdave.com/PhilaMusic/Recording.htm
          >
          > We have the same board in the museum... perhaps this could be
          > some display feature collateral for the wall nearby?

        • Bill Sudbrink
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
            DougCrawford wrote:
            > ... while working on my RCA Cosmac VIP.
            > Maybe its old news to folks here but I'll chance it:
            >
            > http://www.swapmeetdave.com/PhilaMusic/Recording.htm
            >
            > We have the same board in the museum... perhaps this could be
            > some display feature collateral for the wall nearby?

            I have the Software Technology Music System installed in
            my Sol-20 and have demo'd it at a few VCF Easts.

            Bill S.
          • DougCrawford
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 9, 2013
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Sudbrink" wrote:

              > DougCrawford wrote:
              > > ... while working on my RCA Cosmac VIP.
              > > Maybe its old news to folks here but I'll chance it:
              > >
              > > http://www.swapmeetdave.com/PhilaMusic/Recording.htm
              > >
              > > We have the same board in the museum... perhaps this could be
              > > some display feature collateral for the wall nearby?
              >
              > I have the Software Technology Music System installed in
              > my Sol-20 and have demo'd it at a few VCF Easts.
              >
              > Bill S.

              Hope to see that sometime.
              Found another link to info on the performance while
              looking at info for the S.T.M.S
              http://www.vintagecomputermusic.com/software_technology.php