Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Altair 8800 Web Emulator

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 8, 2013
      On Wed, Jan 09, 2013 at 01:25:07AM -0000, corey986 wrote:
      > I think it will be fine with the time. I contacted Vince Briel and
      > he's going to help us make the micro work with the teletype.

      Does it care about the keyboard parity? I'm pretty sure I sent an email
      with what it is but so far I can't find it. If it does I'll search harder.

      > but not risk
      > any real "vintage" stuff" since we would need a MARCH member to actually feed
      > and run the teletype (the real vintage deal).

      The mounting the tape on the reader is fiddly and I'm not sure how strong
      the plastic cover is so may be better for a MARCH member for that. I would
      think letting them type on the keyboard is fine.

      It will be interesting to see how this goes. Long demos don't work well
      during the normal show hours so its hard to really convey what usage
      of these machines was really like.
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 8, 2013
        >> I would think letting them type on the keyboard is fine.

        Yes. We already do that.

        A few times, when people were experienced or just very interested, I demo'd writing/reading to paper tape (just a little).

        But it's been a while, and I forget how to do it!