Re: Ok, did anyone take notes when Lee Felsenstein helped with the Sol20 workshop

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" wrote:

      > Herb and I, with a few minutes of Lee peeking over our shoulders,
      > systematically walked through the schematic. We made I though to the ROM
      > and stopped. Ran out of time. Found nothing wrong so far, but you can see
      > my post on vintagecomputer.net for more details. We found an error in the
      > original docs and reported it to Lee. He confirmed. In a hurry at the
      > moment, can get into more details if interested.
      > Bill

      Speaking for myself, Herb Johnson:

      http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/sol_1.html
      http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/marchfixit5_12.html

      Of the two machines I brought to Infoage/MARCH, one of them ran with not much fuss. I did not spend a lot of time on the other. My subsequent work was on the keyboard. I built a keyboard "monitor" which allowed me to repair the keyboard without needing a working SOL.

      Bill mentioned his site:

      http://www.vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=254

      There's further links and posts there on his Sol work.

      Herb Johnson