Re: Burroughs Self-Scan Display

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire wrote:

      > Google hits for that part number suggest that 250V is what you want.
      > I doubt that would affect the scanning, though. That's a guess, assuming
      > the control logic is separate from the drive, but that seems reasonable.
      >
      > -Dave

      Thanks Dave, I've set it to 250V but it still does not scan. Jeff Jonas sent me the data, theory and application data. I've reversed engineered the display for a complete schematic. All signals to the display are as they should be (within 5%) but the display does not reset the scan to the first column and sometimes if I play with the power, a middle column lights up but does not advance. Most of the time, it's just the last column lighting up. It was great learning experience, as I've never seen a self-scanning display before, very cool.

      Do you think anyone would be interested in the schematics I drew? where should I upload them to?

      Cheers,
      Josh