Regarding the Kaypro, etc. rescue....

  • Christian R. Fandt
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2013
      Recall I suggested I had fear last night when I posted the message saying
      there could be a rescue but time was critical as the ownership of the
      building could pass anytime, well the sale transaction went through
      sometime today.

      I was simply told of those items being available waaay too late. A few
      hours notice isn't much and I could not take off work today. And before all
      this I had time off work for vacation and the Holiday Shutdown of 19
      calendar days until Wednesday the 2nd.

      However, I just thought of something a bit earlier while I was emailing to
      Dave McGuire in response to his first reply on this rescue last night
      (right after I left the computer to get to bed, naturally). I know the
      Village Clerk real well up there (she's best friend from high school) and
      I'll see if she knows anything about who the new owner may be and what
      plans there may be for disposal of the shop's contents. Small town of 900
      people, so she might be able to discover who got the building.

      If something arises, I'll sure let everybody know that the gear is
      available again (and I'm hopeful they won't try to extract a bunch of $$$
      for the stuff). I'd be doing them a favor to help get rid of the stuff as
      it costs Real Money to dispose of old computers and suchlike through the
      County Landfill system around here. But it depends upon their attitude on
      the matter as some of us know from past rescues we may have attempted.

      So let's keep our fingers crossed. Sorry for the false alarm so far.

      Best regards to all anyway,
      -Chris F.

      Christian R. and Beverly J. Fandt
      31 Houston Avenue Electronic/Electrical Historian
      Jamestown, New York Phone: +716-488-1722
      14701-2627 USA email: cfandt@...
      Members of Antique Wireless Association
      http://www.antiquewireless.org/museum/museum.htm
      (Old Museum today)