Re: [midatlanticretro] No museum workdays anytime soon

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 25 , Jan 4, 2013
      evan@...

      You just need to get MARCH one of these: http://tinyurl.com/a9msog6

    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 4, 2013
        >> I assume this is the transformer in the building, rather than the transformer on the pole.

        Nope - pole! The one that supplies all of InfoAge. It's (literally) WW2 equipment and, I'm told, is highly inefficient.
        Message 3 of 25 , Jan 4, 2013
          On 01/04/2013 03:04 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:
          >> On 01/04/2013 02:05 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote: > I'm
          >> originally from the Allentown/Bethlehem (Lehigh Valley) area (a tiny >
          >> little town I'm sure nobody here has ever heard of) and still have
          >> family > there. If the generator can get to that vicinity, I would pick
          >> it up as > an excuse to visit the family and bring it to Infoage.
          >>
          >> I lived in Bethlehem for a several months about 12 years ago. :)
          >
          > But I'd still wager you wouldn't know the town. ;)

          Probably not. ;) I wasn't there all that long.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          Message 4 of 25 , Jan 4, 2013
            On 01/04/2013 03:07 PM, Jason Howe wrote:
            > Don't want to step on any toes -- but if it's easier, I have a brand new
            > 3Kw generator which was purchased for and then used during the Sandy
            > aftermath. It probably has less than 50 hours on it. I'm only an hour
            > or so away from InfoAge in North Jersey. So, logistically it might be
            > easier than getting Dave's unit out here. March can have it on loan
            > until power is restored at InfoAge.
            >
            > It's more than capable of running a bunch of lights (and a fridge and a
            > boiler burner).
            >
            > It's also easily rolled/carried by one person -- and will fit in the
            > back of my wife's 9-3 ;)

            That sounds MUCH less painful than trekking this one across PA! Evan,
            if you need *another* one, mine will remain available.

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ