Burroughs Self-Scan Display

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
      Hi,

      Does anyone have any data on the Burroughs Self-Scan display?
      Model: SSD0132-00040

      I found one in my local surplus shop, Thanks to some guys here and some tests, I've been able to figure out what all the chips are. The display requires some high voltage, but I'm not sure how much to put. I get some output at about 300VDC, but it's not scanning.

      Cheers,
      Josh
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
        On 01/03/2013 10:41 PM, joshbensadon wrote:
        > Does anyone have any data on the Burroughs Self-Scan display? Model:
        > SSD0132-00040
        >
        > I found one in my local surplus shop, Thanks to some guys here and
        > some tests, I've been able to figure out what all the chips are. The
        > display requires some high voltage, but I'm not sure how much to put.
        > I get some output at about 300VDC, but it's not scanning.

        Google hits for that part number suggest that 250V is what you want.
        I doubt that would affect the scanning, though. That's a guess, assuming
        the control logic is separate from the drive, but that seems reasonable.

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        New Kensington, PA
      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4, 2013
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Dave McGuire wrote:

          > Google hits for that part number suggest that 250V is what you want.
          > I doubt that would affect the scanning, though. That's a guess, assuming
          > the control logic is separate from the drive, but that seems reasonable.
          >
          > -Dave

          Thanks Dave, I've set it to 250V but it still does not scan. Jeff Jonas sent me the data, theory and application data. I've reversed engineered the display for a complete schematic. All signals to the display are as they should be (within 5%) but the display does not reset the scan to the first column and sometimes if I play with the power, a middle column lights up but does not advance. Most of the time, it's just the last column lighting up. It was great learning experience, as I've never seen a self-scanning display before, very cool.

          Do you think anyone would be interested in the schematics I drew? where should I upload them to?

          Cheers,
          Josh