Re: [midatlanticretro] Has anyone seen one of these in the wild

  • William Donzelli
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
      > I was watching a Bell Labs video last night and saw this terminal, it is
      > IBM and looks to be based on a wide carriage Selectric.
      >
      > Has anyone ever seen one of these or used them or more importantly has
      > anyone EVER seen one for sale?

      Yes, a surplus place out West had them recently, but they are gone
      now. They were purchased mostly for engineering firms, I think, for
      annotating drawings. I have an earlier model B with a very wide
      carriage, as part of the IBM 870 system.

      --
      Will
    • Dave Wade
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
        On 04/01/2013 01:37, Matt Patoray wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I was watching a Bell Labs video last night and saw this terminal, it is IBM and looks to be based on a wide carriage Selectric.
        >
        > Has anyone ever seen one of these or used them or more importantly has anyone EVER seen one for sale?
        >
        > Matt

        I think thats DUFF aspect ratio on the conversion to video. All the i/o
        selectrics I have seen, so typically the IBM2741 like this:-

        http://www.courts.state.ny.us/reporter/history/page_19.htm

        had a carriage wide enough to take 120 column printer paper. If any one
        has one going spare in Europe I am always looking .....

        --
        Dave Wade G4UGM
        Illegitimi Non Carborundum