Re: [midatlanticretro] Has anyone seen one of these in the wild

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
      On 01/03/2013 08:37 PM, Matt Patoray wrote:
      > I was watching a Bell Labs video last night and saw this terminal, it
      > is IBM and looks to be based on a wide carriage Selectric.
      >
      > Has anyone ever seen one of these or used them or more importantly
      > has anyone EVER seen one for sale?

      Is this not a 2741?

      I've never seen one pop up anywhere. :-(

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2013
        > I was watching a Bell Labs video last night and saw this terminal, it is
        > IBM and looks to be based on a wide carriage Selectric.
        >
        > Has anyone ever seen one of these or used them or more importantly has
        > anyone EVER seen one for sale?

        Yes, a surplus place out West had them recently, but they are gone
        now. They were purchased mostly for engineering firms, I think, for
        annotating drawings. I have an earlier model B with a very wide
        carriage, as part of the IBM 870 system.

        --
        Will
      • Dave Wade
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 4, 2013
          On 04/01/2013 01:37, Matt Patoray wrote:
          > Hi all,
          >
          > I was watching a Bell Labs video last night and saw this terminal, it is IBM and looks to be based on a wide carriage Selectric.
          >
          > Has anyone ever seen one of these or used them or more importantly has anyone EVER seen one for sale?
          >
          > Matt

          I think thats DUFF aspect ratio on the conversion to video. All the i/o
          selectrics I have seen, so typically the IBM2741 like this:-

          http://www.courts.state.ny.us/reporter/history/page_19.htm

          had a carriage wide enough to take 120 column printer paper. If any one
          has one going spare in Europe I am always looking .....

          --
          Dave Wade G4UGM
          Illegitimi Non Carborundum