Re: [midatlanticretro] ASR 33 mods for Digial pdp 8 or 11

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2012
      On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 09:53:38PM -0500, B. Degnan wrote:

      > My stock teletype can receive, but I believe you have to complete some of
      > the mods listed on page two and three of your doc ...
      > http://www.pdp8online.com/pdp8cgi/query_docs/tifftopdf.pl/CHD/LT33_print_set
      > .pdf
      > ... to send from the ASR to the computer, regardless if you have the run
      > reader card installed.

      Since the instructions are just more a to b without diging out more
      documentation I can't tell what the changes really do. If you decide you
      need help I will do that.

      > I was told you needed a manual reader for the run reader (part number 4915)
      > to work. If the read arm springs back from START it's "automatic" and
      > will not work with the pdp 8 or 11 as DEC intended.

      It may not work as DEC intended but it will work. Mine does the spring
      back and I got it to work ok. I didn't get the original teletype. I got one
      from a HAM and figured how to modify it back before I had access to the proper
      modification documentation so it may be unique.