Re: [midatlanticretro] Teletype etc (was RK05)

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
      On 12/30/2012 04:15 PM, David Gesswein wrote:
      >> By the way, thanks for the great web site, I really appreciate the
      >> time and effort put into putting all this together.
      >>
      > Thanks

      Seconded! It's great stuff. In fact when I first met you in person
      at VCF-E in 2011, I felt a bit of "celebrity shock". :)

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 30, 2012
        On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 04:15:19PM -0500, David Gesswein wrote:
        > It should
        > transmit without the mod, just the paper tape reader may loose characters
        > and won't turn on automatically.

        This may have been unclear. It is referring to the reader run mod. Teletypes
        had lots of options so it can be configured such that it doesn't work. The
        teletype does need to be set to passive transmit loop (just contact closure).