Re: [midatlanticretro] Update re: InfoAge electrical power

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
      >> Is this a long term thing?

      As I understand it, the issue -- which Fred etc. are just starting to address -- is who'll pay. A modern transformer, etc., can cost tens of thousands of dollars. So, yes, it could be a couple of months. I am optimistic that's "at worst". In the meantime, we can look at it as a vacation from museum-operating duty, and an opportunity to get things done in storage. Ironically, some InfoAge people raised the issue of closing for Jan./Feb. anyhow so everyone can work on museum projects, but the proposal was voted down.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 29, 2012
        >As I understand it, the issue -- which Fred etc. are just starting to
        >address -- is who'll pay. A modern transformer, etc., can cost tens of
        >thousands of dollars. So, yes, it could be a couple of months. I am
        >optimistic that's "at >worst". In the meantime, we can look at it as a
        >vacation from museum-operating duty, and an opportunity to get things done
        >in storage. Ironically, some InfoAge people raised the issue of closing for
        >Jan./Feb. anyhow so >everyone can work on museum projects, but the proposal
        >was voted down.

        Spending a lot of focused time working on the storage area can be a good
        thing. Although we all love the museum, it splits our attention from getting
        the storage area into shape. Anyway January and February tend to be slow
        months. Hopefully the power will be back on soon, but in the meantime we can
        still get stuff done.

        Jeff Brace