historical magazines about computing

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
      Evan,
      Which if any historical computer magazines does MARCH want? Is there space
      in MARCH's library for journals (ACM, SIGPLAN, Microcornucopia and other
      high-brow programming tech magazines) What are the date ranges?

      If MARCH does not want them does anyone else have an archive of computing
      magazines? I have a limit to what I can keep here and I would be happy to
      donate what I don't have space for to MARCH. Not looking to mail, this
      would be a pickup deal. I would not be able to deliver to VCF, my car will
      be too full, but maybe the next workshop.

      Bill
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
        >> Which if any historical computer magazines does MARCH want? What are the date ranges?

        We already have most of the mainstream stuff, so it would be good to get some of the more obscure and/or specific titles. Date range is anything pre-1990 but that is a * very general * rule.

        Let us please not have another what's vintage thread. I know it when I see it. :)
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012

          > >> Which if any historical computer magazines does MARCH want? What are
          the date ranges?

          > We already have most of the mainstream stuff, so it would be good to get
          some of the more obscure and/or specific titles. Date range is anything
          pre-1990 but that is a * very general * rule.

          > Let us please not have another what's vintage thread. I know it when I
          see it. :)

          When I get the chance I will bring up the ACM SIGPLAN Notice magazines that
          are not of specific interest to me. These are not online to my knowledge,
          or just selected articles. I have a large stationer's box full.