Re: [midatlanticretro] Anyone local to InfoAge have a spare 8080/8080A

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
      Corey,

      Have you heard of Unicorn Electronics?
      http://www.unicornelectronics.com/ I have bought stuff from them when I
      used to live in S NJ and was very happy. They have 8080A CPUs and they
      are only $3.99 each. Free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more but the
      minimum order is $25.00. http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/8000.html

      They also now sell Apple I kits and parts!
      http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Apple1/apple1.html

      Cheers,

      Bryan

      On 12/28/2012 8:34 AM, corey986 wrote:
      > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Corey

    • corey986
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
        Yep, I've bought stuff from them in the past... I just didn't have $25 in stuff they carry right now. Too bad mouser doesn't carry the 8080, I need some rainbow keyboard ribbon cable for the Sol and my datanetics replica build that I forgot to order.

        Cheers,
        Corey

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

        > Corey,
        >
        > Have you heard of Unicorn Electronics?
        > http://www.unicornelectronics.com/ I have bought stuff from them when I
        > used to live in S NJ and was very happy. They have 8080A CPUs and they
        > are only $3.99 each. Free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more but the
        > minimum order is $25.00. http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/8000.html
        >
        > They also now sell Apple I kits and parts!
        > http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Apple1/apple1.html
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Bryan
        >

        > On 12/28/2012 8:34 AM, corey986 wrote:
        > > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > > Corey

      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
          On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM, corey986 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          Yep, I've bought stuff from them in the past... I just didn't have $25 in stuff they carry right now. Too bad mouser doesn't carry the 8080, I need some rainbow keyboard ribbon cable for the Sol and my datanetics replica build that I forgot to order.

          Between minimum order fees and overpriced shipping on single items, I have spent so much $ that I didn't need to, just because I forgot to order something.

          Bloody frustrating!
          - Alex

        • corey986
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013