Re: Anyone local to InfoAge have a spare 8080/8080A

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
      Hi Corey,

      I have extra 8080's I can test in my IMSAI, but I have to mail it to you.

      If you have trouble getting it locally, then I can be your plan-B.

      Cheers,
      Josh

      > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Corey

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
        Corey,

        Have you heard of Unicorn Electronics?
        http://www.unicornelectronics.com/ I have bought stuff from them when I
        used to live in S NJ and was very happy. They have 8080A CPUs and they
        are only $3.99 each. Free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more but the
        minimum order is $25.00. http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/8000.html

        They also now sell Apple I kits and parts!
        http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Apple1/apple1.html

        Cheers,

        Bryan

        On 12/28/2012 8:34 AM, corey986 wrote:
        > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Corey

      • corey986
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
          Yep, I've bought stuff from them in the past... I just didn't have $25 in stuff they carry right now. Too bad mouser doesn't carry the 8080, I need some rainbow keyboard ribbon cable for the Sol and my datanetics replica build that I forgot to order.

          Cheers,
          Corey

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

          > Corey,
          >
          > Have you heard of Unicorn Electronics?
          > http://www.unicornelectronics.com/ I have bought stuff from them when I
          > used to live in S NJ and was very happy. They have 8080A CPUs and they
          > are only $3.99 each. Free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more but the
          > minimum order is $25.00. http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/8000.html
          >
          > They also now sell Apple I kits and parts!
          > http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Apple1/apple1.html
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Bryan
          >

          > On 12/28/2012 8:34 AM, corey986 wrote:
          > > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > > Corey

        • J. Alexander Jacocks
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
            On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM, corey986 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Yep, I've bought stuff from them in the past... I just didn't have $25 in stuff they carry right now. Too bad mouser doesn't carry the 8080, I need some rainbow keyboard ribbon cable for the Sol and my datanetics replica build that I forgot to order.

            Between minimum order fees and overpriced shipping on single items, I have spent so much $ that I didn't need to, just because I forgot to order something.

            Bloody frustrating!
            - Alex

          • corey986
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013