Anyone local to InfoAge have a spare 8080/8080A

  • corey986
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
      They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.

      Thanks,
      Corey
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
        Hi Corey,

        I have extra 8080's I can test in my IMSAI, but I have to mail it to you.

        If you have trouble getting it locally, then I can be your plan-B.

        Cheers,
        Josh

        > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Corey

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
          Corey,

          Have you heard of Unicorn Electronics?
          http://www.unicornelectronics.com/ I have bought stuff from them when I
          used to live in S NJ and was very happy. They have 8080A CPUs and they
          are only $3.99 each. Free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more but the
          minimum order is $25.00. http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/8000.html

          They also now sell Apple I kits and parts!
          http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Apple1/apple1.html

          Cheers,

          Bryan

          On 12/28/2012 8:34 AM, corey986 wrote:
          > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Corey

        • corey986
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
            Yep, I've bought stuff from them in the past... I just didn't have $25 in stuff they carry right now. Too bad mouser doesn't carry the 8080, I need some rainbow keyboard ribbon cable for the Sol and my datanetics replica build that I forgot to order.

            Cheers,
            Corey

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Bryan Pope <bryan.pope@...> wrote:

            > Corey,
            >
            > Have you heard of Unicorn Electronics?
            > http://www.unicornelectronics.com/ I have bought stuff from them when I
            > used to live in S NJ and was very happy. They have 8080A CPUs and they
            > are only $3.99 each. Free shipping on orders of $25.00 or more but the
            > minimum order is $25.00. http://www.unicornelectronics.com/IC/8000.html
            >
            > They also now sell Apple I kits and parts!
            > http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Apple1/apple1.html
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Bryan
            >

            > On 12/28/2012 8:34 AM, corey986 wrote:
            > > They'd be willing to sell that I can drive to meet you and pickup. Need one that is known to work. Before I invest in a "date" correct ceramic white one for the Sol, I need to get the machine working and don't want to have a question about any CPU issues as part of the troublshooting.
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Corey

          • J. Alexander Jacocks
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
              On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 7:37 PM, corey986 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              Yep, I've bought stuff from them in the past... I just didn't have $25 in stuff they carry right now. Too bad mouser doesn't carry the 8080, I need some rainbow keyboard ribbon cable for the Sol and my datanetics replica build that I forgot to order.

              Between minimum order fees and overpriced shipping on single items, I have spent so much $ that I didn't need to, just because I forgot to order something.

              Bloody frustrating!
              - Alex

            • corey986
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 1, 2013