OT: pre-built vs. part-built puters

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2006
      I dont know about you all, but Ive had the best luck
      with units Ive built myself. Lame-brand stuph always
      gives me problems.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2006
        Chris M wrote:

        >I dont know about you all, but Ive had the best luck
        >with units Ive built myself. Lame-brand stuph always
        >gives me problems.

        My next one, I plan on building with parts from NewEgg or TigerDirect. I
        like to know exactly what is inside my computer, additionally, most
        pre-built machines have video that's good for shit. I perfer a nice
        nVidia card to Intel Integrated Graphics
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2006
          OT OT OT

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 26, 2006
            No Duh its "OT"...  It has "OT" in the subject line...
            But as I ponder the more innocent question, of "whats in my machine?", bouncing around my head, there is definitiely a true-to-topic line appearing.

            Im sure there are members here that "back-in-the-day" were able to utilize a few hand-written instructions, a few typed, a few poor copies of notes and put together a massive computing machine of the day that would blink an LED once for yes and another for no...
            These individuals are the ones I can thank every day for some of the PCjr modifications that are around and Im sure many of you for the various modifications that have been materialized out of nothing.  These people werent afraid to dip their fingrs around all the wires and circuts and with the development of the mass-produced home-pc, kept that spark alive.

            I give all of you old-guys a "OT" salute!

            To all you that want to build your own - GO FOR IT!  Make it your own.  One someone asks "Where can I get one of these", you can thell them in the most of "OT" ways... "You can't, it's one of a kind"!

            Brian

            OT OT OT

            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 26, 2006
              >>> No Duh its "OT"...  It has "OT" in the subject line...

              Oops, I jumped the gun on that one...