Looking for a 22/44 edge connector, .125 spacing

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
      I am searching for a .125 spacing 22/44 edge connector to mate with a board I have here. I've already checked the usual suppliers and haven't found anything, this is an unusual spacing (the same as S-100 connectors).

      So, does anyone have one? Or a source? Or maybe even a damaged S-100 connector I can cut down?

      Thanks!

      -Ian
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
        what is the row spacing and what type of pins do you need? Take a look at the following pdf to see if EDAC makes something suitable.
        http://www.edac.net/file_library/series/51_346%20396.pdf

        If you want .250 row spacing and pins suitable for PCB mount the EDAC part number might be: 346-044-520-202 or 346-044-521-202
        mouser has the 520 version in stock

        Regards,
        Mike W.

        > I am searching for a .125 spacing 22/44 edge connector to mate with a board I have here. I've already checked the usual suppliers and haven't found anything, this is an unusual spacing (the same as S-100 connectors).
        >
        > So, does anyone have one? Or a source? Or maybe even a damaged S-100 connector I can cut down?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > -Ian

      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 19, 2012
          One company that supplies this connector is Sullins, DigiKey carries their line
          of connectors.
          http://www.sullinscorp.com/category208/

          There are about four different row spacings available at .125 pitch.

          >I am searching for a .125 spacing 22/44 edge connector to mate with a board I
          >have here. I've already checked the usual suppliers and haven't found anything,
          >this is an unusual spacing (the same as S-100 connectors).
          >
          > So, does anyone have one? Or a source? Or maybe even a damaged S-100 connector
          > I can cut down?
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > -Ian

        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 26, 2012
            I am trying to figure out a diplay module.

            Does anyone have databooks on the following chips:

            Mostek MK2301P 24pin ceramic chip.

            Following are probably some kind of DTL?
            National Semicondutor 16272452 (or 1627-2452) 14-pin chip
            National Semicondutor 14473516 (or 1447-3516) 14-pin chip
            Fairchild 16272510 (or 1627-2510) 14-pin chip

            Thanks,
            Josh
          • Stephen L
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 27, 2012
              > Mostek MK2301P 24pin ceramic chip.

              Hi Josh,

              FWIW, I have a 1977 Mostek catalog which shows an MK2300/2302 24-pin part. It's a character generator ROM, organized as 64, 5x7 characters. If you think that would help, email me and I can scan and post.

              Steve L.
              http://www.tronola.com/
            • William Donzelli
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 27, 2012
                > FWIW, I have a 1977 Mostek catalog which shows an MK2300/2302 24-pin part.
                > It's a character generator ROM, organized as 64, 5x7 characters. If you
                > think that would help, email me and I can scan and post.

                The other numbers sound like they are from Burroughs, so I might think
                they came from Burroughs ECD (the Nixie and plasma display people).

                --
                Will