Museum Report Dec. 16, 2012

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2012
      Today was the last day of the holiday event at Infoage. But it was raining, so less than expected came. But we got a good number of visitors maybe a dozen or two. One guy said he used to work at Burroughs. Last week some guy said he worked on FieldData and MOBIDIC. Evan will be following up with this guy.  There was a range of visitors from the mildly interested to the *very* interested. It’s nice to have a busy museum. Everyone seemed to like the Commodore 64 that I helped to set up to play SID Holiday tunes in the arts and crafts room for the InfoAge holiday event.  Also InfoAge staff appreciated the clean condition of the Telecom building where we held our party.

      Corey worked to fix some strange behavior with the Apple I. It seems to be fixed as I played Lunar Lander without a problem and I finally beat the game ! He also showed me Star Trek.

      Jeff Brace
    • corey986
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2012
        In case anyone was wondering what was wrong with the Apple, when I moved it to the new bent plexiglass case I lowered the video signal level and raised the brightness on the Sanyo VM4209 monitor to get a clearer image. Well the Sanyo would blank out every so often, I guess it wanted a little more signal. So I raised signal level and lowered the brightness (makes the video a little fuzzy I think, but the monitor is 30+ years old). Anyway that seemed to be the issue. I also took the opportunity to reseat all the external cables like the keyboard and stuff just to make sure everything was tight.

        Anyway, that was it... I kinda like that monitor even with the fuzzyness for the Apple, so If anyone has a spare that works and wants to sell one or trade to me (not for MARCH, they have one already hooked up to the Apple at InfoAge) let me know.

        Cheers,
        Corey