Re: off topic- how to hand terminate ribbon cable

  • urrossum@att.net
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 14, 2012
      > I usually use the Vise to squeeze the IDC connector. I had one of

      For smaller (up to 34-pin) connectors, I found that a pair of ChannelLock pliers, and a bit of care, worked just fine. The ones I had kept the jaws more-or-less parallel as they closed, so it squished all of the wires reasonably uniformly. Fast, too!
      ~~
      Mark Moulding
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 15, 2012
        I use a drill press, with the jaws in the chuck moved fully back into the chuck. I'll mount the connector in a way that it is not going to be damaged.

        Regards,
        Mike W

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 15, 2012
          Next workshop bug me, I would be happy to make cables using the press for
          anyone who wants them, I have a large box full of parts, ends, cables, etc
          for (I think) 40m, 34, 25 pin needs. I have never gone through any of it,
          needs to be experimented with and cataloged.
          Bill