Re: [midatlanticretro] 8" Floppy Drive Write Protect Hack

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 75 , Dec 14, 2012
      > I'm curious, how many of you installed a switch to override the need to put a black tab on the write protect notch?

      Have done! Also, I use a Shugart 800 out of an old Tektronix terminal with my Ohio Scientific Challenger III -- it came with a hardware write protect switch wired onto the standard Shugart drive board.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
      Message 75 of 75 , Jun 11, 2014
        > I'm planning on bringing my disk imaging box with me to the workshop,
        > I'll bring the 8" drive as well. The Zenith Z100 uses 5 1/4" disks though.

        We're confusing things. :) Emmanuel's computer will be available to us
        at HOPE, not at the workshop this weekend.