home!

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
      Whew.

      Autumn and I got home around 2AM, having left Festivus in the late
      afternoon, then headed to Cory's place in Glassboro to pick up an HP21MX
      that he had picked up for me. We had a great visit!

      Festivus was fantastic. Autumn and I had a great time. It was great
      to hang out with old friends again, and make some new ones. I even
      shortened my list of "people I want to strangle" by one, and not because
      I strangled him! ;)

      Ian got COMPLETELY SMASHED. He was a riot to watch. ;)

      The Saab 93 is a very tiny car with almost no cargo capacity.
      However, it's sitting outside my building containing:

      - a Tek 535 scope with roll-around cart (thanks Bill!)
      - a GenRad Vacuum Tube Fork (~60yr old frequency reference)
      - some more random RF test gear (thanks Steve!)
      - an HP 21MX (thanks Cory!)
      - an Amiga 1000, complete with box (thanks Alex!)

      We had to disassemble the scope cart, and it was a very cramped ~6hr
      drive home, but we made it!

      Thanks to everyone for making this happen. It was a blast.

      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
      New Kensington, PA
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
        On Mon, 10 Dec 2012, Dave McGuire wrote:

        > - an HP 21MX (thanks Cory!)

        Finally! Time to get familiar with the guts. :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
          On 12/10/2012 01:56 PM, Mike Loewen wrote:
          >> - an HP 21MX (thanks Cory!)
          >
          > Finally! Time to get familiar with the guts. :-)

          Yes! I will dig into it after I unload the car, which will hopefully
          be later today. I have to deal with a work crisis before that. I did
          notice that it lacks a key, and that the backplane is chock full o'
          boards. And that it is very, very clean.

          Speaking of said work crisis...Is there anyone on this list in the
          Houston area who might be willing to do some remote hands work for me
          for an hour or so, for a small spot of cash? It would save me a flight
          and a lot of hassle.

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
            good to see you too. Glad you made it ok
            bd

          • evan@snarc.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 10, 2012
              >> Is there anyone on this list in the