Re: [midatlanticretro] Is anyone bringing...

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 7, 2012
      From: Mr Ian Primus
      Sent: Friday, December 07, 2012 6:38 PM

      >Well, it's kind of "group-organized" thing as it is. It always seems to
      >work out - whatever we need, someone always brings. Usually, though, that
      >someone is me. Last year I brought the stereo and speakers, but this year,
      >was hoping someone else might bring it. The speakers I brought last year
      >have succumbed to foam surround failure, and aren't in serviceable
      >condition at the moment.

      Yes it always amazes me how it all comes together, except for the year that
      we had no movies because we didn't have a working tv/projector etc. It just
      makes me cringe every year, because I'm the type of person who feels more
      comfortable being organized and planning things. I still think that this
      task can be delegated to two members and have it more organized. Its saves a
      lot of frustration. You won't have just one or two people doing most of the
      bringing of stuff and setting up/cleaning up.

      >>I can bring a VCR/DVD combo player. I can bring an amplifier
      >>and a huge speaker, but I won't bring unless I know that no
      >> one else will bring. So for now I'm not bringing any of
      >> these things.

      >Yeah, that would be great - if you have a good working VHS/DVD setup, and a
      >stereo with working speakers, and you're going to be here for the whole
      >party, that would be a load off me if you could bring them.
      >I'm already bringing a whole lot of gaming equipment. Heh.

      I do have a good working Sony VHS/DVD setup. As for stereo, what exactly do
      you need ? I have a system that I can borrow from work which plays
      CDs/cassette tapes/iPod. I can also bring the amplifier. The speakers are
      super huge and heavy. And if I brought it, then I could only fit one in my
      car.

      I do need to mention that there is a huge boob tube TV (maybe 35 inches) in
      the Telecom room that they use for the nature center for Infoage. Not sure
      if it is working or has a DVD/VHS player connected to it.
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 7, 2012
        >> Top posted from my iPhone

        Dagnabit!