Re: OT: speaker repair

  • Douglas
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012

      > >> I saw replacement surround foam for sale at one of the electronic shops I visit. Until then, I never knew that was a replaceable item. I haven't a clue how
      >
      > Reminder: Always start a new thread when it drifts, and use an an "OT:" (off topic) subject line prefix when appropriate.

      I've done it. A nice evening project if you really want to save a set of speakers.
      In short this is what you'd be in to:
      clean off the old foam
      carefully cut out the center dust cover
      brace the voice coil to keep it spaced/aligned
      glue the new outer foam on
      when dry remove the voice coil brace
      glue on a new dust cover.