OT: speaker repair

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012
      >> I saw replacement surround foam for sale at one of the electronic shops I visit. Until then, I never knew that was a replaceable item. I haven't a clue how

      Reminder: Always start a new thread when it drifts, and use an an "OT:" (off topic) subject line prefix when appropriate.
    • Douglas
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 7, 2012

        > >> I saw replacement surround foam for sale at one of the electronic shops I visit. Until then, I never knew that was a replaceable item. I haven't a clue how
        >
        > Reminder: Always start a new thread when it drifts, and use an an "OT:" (off topic) subject line prefix when appropriate.

        I've done it. A nice evening project if you really want to save a set of speakers.
        In short this is what you'd be in to:
        clean off the old foam
        carefully cut out the center dust cover
        brace the voice coil to keep it spaced/aligned
        glue the new outer foam on
        when dry remove the voice coil brace
        glue on a new dust cover.