RE: [midatlanticretro] Is anyone bringing...

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 37 , Dec 7, 2012
      --- On Fri, 12/7/12, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

      > This is why thre should be someone in charge of organizing
      > this party. Nobody knows what anyone else is bringing. What
      > usually happens is I don't see anyone bringing something, so
      > I bring it, only to find out someone else *did* bring it and
      > didn't reply to the list or to my e-mail (and therefore was
      > a waste of time and effort on my part).

      Well, it's kind of "group-organized" thing as it is. It always seems to work out - whatever we need, someone always brings. Usually, though, that someone is me. Last year I brought the stereo and speakers, but this year, I was hoping someone else might bring it. The speakers I brought last year have succumbed to foam surround failure, and aren't in serviceable condition at the moment.

      > I can bring a VCR/DVD combo player. I can bring an amplifier
      > and a huge speaker, but I won't bring unless I know that no
      > one else will bring. So for now I'm not bringing any of
      > these things.

      Yeah, that would be great - if you have a good working VHS/DVD setup, and a stereo with working speakers, and you're going to be here for the whole party, that would be a load off me if you could bring them.

      I'm already bringing a whole lot of gaming equipment. Heh.

      -Ian
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 37 of 37 , Dec 7, 2012
        >> Top posted from my iPhone