Re: Stuff Bill is Brining

  • Mouse
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
      Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.

      I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
      bacterial plague hit me last year.

      See you all there :)

      -mouse
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012
        Mouse! You'll be there! I have some printers for you. I'll load 'em up.

        -Dave

        On 12/07/2012 10:46 AM, Mouse wrote:
        > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
        >
        > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
        > bacterial plague hit me last year.
        >
        > See you all there :)
        >
        > -mouse

        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 7, 2012

          > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
          >
          > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
          > bacterial plague hit me last year.
          >
          > See you all there :)
          >
          > -mouse

          I will bring the disks and keyboard for the BASIS 108.
        • s100doctor
          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012

            > > > Dec OmniBus cards - Dave McGuire expressed interest, no deal made as of
            >
            > > > this writing
            > > >
            > > > probably more as space allows.
            > > >
            > > > Bill
            >
            > That was my typo, sorry. I was thinking Q bus, but typed OMNIBUS. Oops!
            > These are all the 4 connector Q bus except the one M8190 I think which is a
            > half card.

            Thanks for correcting this. I was annoyed you were bringing Omnibus cards when I have a PDP-8/F to restore....

            > Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
            >
            > I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
            > original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
            > invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
            >
            > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
            >
            > Bill

            A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

            Its' an interesting exercise in "provenance" to claim a DEC card came from a particular router that was used in a particular early system. YOur "proof" I imagine would be, if you could identify the Ethernet address of the card, and show an Ethernet address for one of those Fuzzball routers. Where and how that E-address is documented, you'll have to determine.

            The router "box" or cabinet with a U of D sticker and other identifying information, that would be in my causal opinion a better "provenance".

            I'm not calling this stuff out to be clever, I'm making a point and helping you establish your "claim".

            Herb Johnson
          • s100doctor
            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mouse <mouse@...> wrote:

              > Bill, Got your Basis right here! Super excited to see one turn on again.
              >
              > I am looking forward to Festivus and avoiding whatever hideous
              > bacterial plague hit me last year.
              >
              > See you all there :)
              >
              > -mouse

              Bring some 12" terminal CRT's, if you haven't left already.

              Herb
              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 8, 2012
                On Dec 8, 2012, at 12:57 PM, "s100doctor" <hjohnson@...> wrote:
                >> Would it be a mistake to break up this set of cards?
                >>
                >> I don't want to part with both Ethernet cards, they came from one of the
                >> original nfsnet systems (at the U of Delaware), the place where they
                >> invented the Fuzzball router (or helped design/test).
                >>
                >> http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=357
                >
                > A Unibus Ethernet card for my 11/34 is a little low on my priorities to bring it up, for me it would be a "target of opportunity"...;)

                Especially when it's one that's supported by essentially *no* software. ;)

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ